Some Simple Ideas For Throwing A Princess PartyPrint
Every little girl wants to be a princess. So when her birthday comes around, smart Moms and Dads know the best way to make it really special, is to have a princess birthday party. Here are a few ideas to make it a fun and unique event:
1. Every princess needs a palace, so first we must decorate the house! You can get pink sparkle tulle rolls and garland the tulle along the walls and tables. Tie big bows on the back of the chairs. Remember, the more girly and frilly the better. Next, place some inflatable unicorns, frogs and butterflies around to give the house the feel of an enchanted palace. You can give these away as prizes during the party. Groups of pink and purple balloons add a lot of visual punch and create a party atmosphere. I love placing plastic "glass slippers" filled with candy or other treats at each girl's place setting!
2. Now we need food and treats! No matter what you choose to serve, little girls especially love the special touches that reflect the princess theme. Sandwiches or other foods can be cut out with princess themed cookie cutters. A really fun idea is to place pink rock candy in little treasure chest shaped favor boxes. Now each princess has her jewels! Lollipops in the shape of roses, flowers, frogs, stars or tiaras will complement your theme as well. Bubble gum shaped coins can be used as treasure in a centerpiece or on a side table. Of course, the cake should be shaped like a palace. Make sure to ask the baker to tint the cake pink on the inside. Another unique touch is to serve pink hot chocolate as a special princess beverage.
3. Another important element for a good princess party is the costumes. Give each girl an inexpensive tiara and wand as a party favor. If you want to go all out, give them each a ribbon tutu, as well. The little girls will have great fun dressing themselves, each other and showing off their princess style. Don't forget to take pictures!
4. Next we need favor bags for the princesses to take home and enjoy. Rather than the usual gift bags, how about cute little purses that say "Princess" on them? Inside you can add sparkle body glitter, cute beaded jewelry, over sized jeweled rings and sparkling body stickers.
5. Plan some great age-appropriate activities to entertain your little guests. Children love a simple treasure hunt; hide plastic jewelry around the party room or in the yard. Pin the crown on the princess games are available and are sure to make everyone laugh. Guests could make their own princess wands or crowns using craft store supplies or princess craft kits. Hang a pinata shaped as a castle, dragon or tiara! How cute and fun!
6. Don't forget there may be a prince or two at this party, so you might want to have a few prince crowns, swords and shields to delight them. You might even want an inflatable dragon for a prince to conquer!
Now you know how to throw a GREAT princess party. Be creative and enjoy!!!